Thursday, April 25, 2019

The Field Museum

I recently visited the Field Museum in Chicago and I had a very positive experience. If anyone has ever visited, the first thing you notice is the massive T-Rex skeleton in the main lobby. One thing I really notice during my experience was the creativity and intricacy of the exhibits. Their labels were descriptive and I felt like I knew exactly what everything was. As a guest, I was thoroughly intrigued by everything they had to offer. The content presented kept my attention the entire time, as I would assume it would for most of their guests. My favorite exhibit was definitely the Ancient Egypt exhibit. I spent most of my time there. It was so cool to see real mummies, previously, I had never seen one. The exhibit flowed very nicely, and was easy to navigate. The labels provided information about the mummies on display, like where they were from and what gender they were. At the field museum, I found that it was easy to get lost in the exhibits, and forget about everything else. It seemed like they spent a lot of time creating an atmosphere that allowed guests to fully appreciate the artifacts themselves. What they had to offer definitely had a positive impact on me, and was an experience I won't forget. Though, I did notice their from desk employees were not up to the level their exhibits put the museum at. The woman I got my tickets from was not social at all, didn't greet me or any of my friends. She was not clear about which line we needed to stand in to get the general admission tickets. When we just chose a line, she became very irritated with us. The presence of the front end staff needed improvement.  My encounter with them would have discouraged me from even going to the museum had I not known what I was going to see beforehand. Once we got inside, there were no further issues and most of the staff seemed friendly and polite.

No comments:

Post a Comment