Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Detroit Institute of Arts

I recently visited the Detroit Institute of Arts and I was completely blow away by what I saw! I was amazed at the amount of artifacts inside this museum. Learning that the DIA has over 65,000 pieces in their collections is mind blowing! The DIA is a major part of Detroit's history and is something not only Detroit, but the state of Michigan should be proud of. The staff and volunteers I saw working at the DIA was great! I was lost as I was trying to find an Egyptian mummy and asked for help, the woman who assisted me was helpful and sweet. I saw another person, unsure if they were staff or volunteer helping others like myself who were lost and he was kind and happy to help. I know for myself I walked out of the DIA completely amazed by the artwork and artifacts I was able to see. I left wanting to learn more about the works and artifacts and the artist who had created them. I wanted to learn more about the DIA and its history, all things that museums what their visitors leaving with, the desire to learn more and to visit again. The DIA has great events for the public to come to and experience, on the day I visited there was a “Celebrate India” event that was free to the public where anyone interested could learn more about India's culture.

The DIA is a fantastic museum that I can’t wait to visit again as soon as possible! And if you have not had a chance to see it for yourself, I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment