Sunday, April 29, 2018

The Discovery Museum, was probably one of the best children focused museum I’ve been to. I decided to visit it on April 29 . When you first walk in there a desk right there so you know right where to go, to the left they have a banquet room for parties and such so it’s nice and easy to fine, everyone I talked to was super nice and very helpfully in explain what each exhibit taught the kids and which age group it fit the best. Which is extremely helpful. They have so many exhibits that its almost overwhelming when you first walk in. the first one we noticed was a bee hive that had many bee info card which I though was super cool because of what is going on with honey bees today. The nest room we noticed was all about light and how it passes through object which is neat and it gave the kids a chance to be creative and make patterns in a peg board. The exhibit just to the left of that was based on nasa which I think any kid can agree is super cool. The two other exhibits I really liked where the climb wall, which was exactly what it sounds like it was a room where the kids could climb across the wall and it had a space theme. The other exhibit was a Japanese themed house which I really thought could be beneficial in teaching kids about new cultures.
This museum had a really nice flow it just pushed you from exhibit to exhibit, and everything was still open so if you wanted to circle back you wanted to. Then naturally your experienced ended in the gift shop which had some cool stuff they even had stuff for the parents to look at and purchase. 
Overall this museum was not difficult to find nor navigate through, and I would defiantly recommend it to anyone with kids looking for something to do in the area 
            





No comments:

Post a Comment